All about EORI Number – Economic Operator Registration and Information System
The Economic Operator Registration and Information System (EORI) intends to implement the security measures of the Regulation (EC) nr. 648/2005 of the European Parliament and Council. EORI Number is the economic operators’ identification and registration system which consists of the assignment of a unique number by the customs authority in a Member State to economic operators (businesses) or persons. Portocargo experts gathered the most important information on this topic. Check out!
WHO NEEDS AN EORI NUMBER?
Any economic operator established in the customs territory of the Union needs, for customs purposes, an EORI number. Economic operators not established in the customs territory of the Union also need an EORI for a number of different situations. For example:
- to lodge a customs declaration in the customs territory of the Union;
- to submit an Entry Summary Declaration (ENS)Search for available translations of the preceding link;
- to lodge an Exit Summary Declaration (EXS)Search for available translations of the preceding link;
- to lodge a temporary storage declaration in the customs territory of the Union;
- act as a carrier for the purposes of transport by sea, inland waterway or air;
- act as a carrier who is connected to the customs system and wishes to receive any of the notifications provided for in the customs legislation regarding the lodging or amendment of entry summary declarations.
Persons other than economic operators shall be registered in the following situations:
- where such registration is required by the national legislation of a Member State;
- where the person engages in operations for which an EORI number must be provided according to the EU customs legislation.
It is irrelevant if the economic operator is a company (legal person) or a natural person.
WHICH IS THE FORMAT OF THE EORI NUMBER?
The EORI number exists out of two parts:
- the country code of the issuing Member State; followed by
- a code or number that is unique in the Member State
HOW CAN YOU GET AN EORI FOR YOUR COMPANY?
Persons established in the customs territory of the Union should request the assignment of the EORI number to the customs authorities of the EU country in which they are established.
Also, persons not established in the customs territory of the Community should request the assignment of the EORI number to the customs authorities of the EU country responsible for the place where they first lodge a declaration or apply for a decision.
If you need assistance applying for an EORI number in Portugal or other information on Customs feel free to contact Portocargo’s team.
Do you want to receive the freshest news about the worldwide freight transport industry? 👉 Follow PORTOCARGO on Facebook!
Worldwide known as a company dedicated to designing, coordinating and implementing all services related to the International Transport of Goods by Land, Sea, and Air or Multimodal, PORTOCARGO is ultimately an organization which through its human and material resources always finds a customized solution for all types of goods to be transported to any part of the globe.
PORTOCARGO‘s mission is to be known and recognized in the domestic and foreign markets as a company capable of finding and offering the best and most efficient solutions for each transport, in an integrated and globalized way, regardless of its origin or destination.
The main purpose of PORTOCARGO is to find and present solutions according to each client’s needs, the characteristics of the goods, the necessary time and cost.
Talk to one of our specialists right now and learn how to plan the next shipments of your goods in a timely manner to safeguard the spaces required for your cargo.
Contact us and get the answer you need to “transport your business” to a destination called SUCCESS!